Monday, November 22, 2010

ninetytwo ; c h a n g e s

i remember ;

the days where i had to convince you to hang up when we were on the phone ; this used to happen every time we chatted, long into the night/early morning. sometimes we`d both have school the next day ..

and now ? now you`re quick to hang up. when i`m not in a rush or anything, i wait for you to hang up. i wait .. and see ..

i remember ;

the days where we`d be on the phone for so long, when we`d talk about meaningless things ..

and now ? short convos. still meaningless topics .. but .. it just doesn`t feel the same anymore ..

i remember ;

you singing ; i love your voice, you know that ? even when you`re just talking, i love it. it`s cute. and even cuter when you speak in a childish way like tonight when you were talking about that childhood storybook, or when you`re just heaps tired. [also like tonight].

and now ? you don`t sing to me on the phone .. you don`t have the time to. and why would you .. ? suuureee you sing at karaoke .. and suuuuure you said it was to me the other day .. but .. who do you really think of when you sing the songs that hold so much meaning in just its lyrics ? i don`t delude myself and think they`re all for me when you do sing it at karaoke .. i`m not that self centred. but i can never help but wonder who you have on your mind at those times ..

i remember ;

when i`d tease you for fun and you`d try to retaliate by tickling me and end up keeping your hands on my waist/stomach area ..

and now ? i still tease you for fun. and you`d still try to tickle me .. but .. i`m not ticklish anymore. or not as much as you first met me. and you take your hands back once you touch my waist. [i get it that you shouldn`t keep it there since you have a gf, dw.] i question you about it, and remind you i`m not ticklish. your answer ? "i know. it`s habit !"
... habit ? it takes a while to develop a habit. shows how long a history we have, hey ? ...

i remember ;

your hugs. i love your hugs too. from the front, and when you`d hug me from behind. i loved you just holding me near you .. whether we were standing or sitting, or lying down.

and now ? we don`t hug much anymore. and when we do ... it`s so light. so brief. so .. meaningless. i refuse to hug you sometimes now ... you might wonder why. my answer ? reminds me too much of the proper hugs i once got. it`s too much ...

i remember ;

once saying i hated love, i don`t believe in love, scoffing love ..

and now ? i still hate love. but i do believe in it. i don`t scoff it anymore. why ? because i know it. because i`ve experienced it. i still hate love, yes, but if you have experienced it, you know hate is something love can`t live without.

i remember ;

never saying 'i love you' to you when september happened.

and now ? i regret it. but you know now how i feel. how i`ll always feel.

i remember ;

s o . f u c k i n g . m u c h . t h a t . i t . h u r t s . > _ < " . . .

and now ? what the fuck can i do about it ? ...


[Verse 1:]
Where were you when I said I loved you?
And where were you when I cried at night?
Waiting up, couldn't sleep without you.
Thinking of all the times we shared.

[Chorus:]
I remember when my heart broke.
I remember when I gave up loving you.
My heart couldn't take no more of you.
I was sad and lonely.
I remember when I walked out.
I remember when I screamed I hated you.
But somehow deep inside I'm still loving you.
I'm sad and lonely.

[Verse 2:]
No one knew all the pain I went through.
All the love I saved deep in my heart for you.
Didn't know where I would go, where I would be.
But you made me leave.
And plus my heart it just,it kept telling me so.

-- I Remember by Keyshia Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment